Monday, August 4, 2008

Peer Pressure

So after much poking and proding to start, yet another, blog, I have begun this one. The title comes from what Bug calls me and seeing as to how I'm the only Knot I must be the Queen of them ergo "queenoftheknots." And so the blog writing begins. Right now I'm at a crossroads: eager to begin the next chapter of my life, but not so eager to move away from the place that taught me so much. In just a few short weeks I'll be moving away from my "home" of four years to new and dangerous territory: the graduate school. Not really at all excited about it especially since I've just discovered that I was meant to do something completely different in life...maybe.

You see, I'm very temperamental when it comes to deciding what it is I want to spend the rest of my life doing. I began as Bio major. After 1.5 years of misery I switched to Anthropology. Now I'm off to ECU to work on my MA in Anthropology and then....? Yes, the question all new college grads ask themselves "what next?" Except usually they're not so calm in asking. It's usually in the tone and phrase of "What in the WORLD am I going to DO with my life??!!! How am I going to SURVIVE on my own?!" followed by several freakouts and meltdowns. For all you pre-grads and several year post-grads who have even some sort of INKLING about what you want to do I congratulate on being in a part of your life, if not for just a moment, where you have some sort of direction to go in.

Of course all this ranting and raving could be from the delusional nightmares I've been having and hearing all these voices inside my head telling me different things. I'm pretty sure I need to see a therapist; I'd probably get diagnosed with multiple personality syndrome or some sort of likeness.

Anyway, there's so much to do tomorrow and not enough hours in the day to get a goodnight's sleep so I must say adieu.

And as for peer pressure: it's not quite so bad as self-made pressure so don't sweat the small stuff.

No comments: