Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Money, Responsibilities, and other Worries

So today, as I have many days, I went to work. And like last night, like many nights as of late, I did not sleep well. However, this had nothing to do with frisky kitties or not-firm-enough mattresses (sorry, Sarah). It had to with another dilemma: money. Last night I decided to attempt to balance my checkbook. This was made difficult by some stupid N&0 thing that wasn't refunded on the recent statement and by a check given to a certain somebody (Howie) that hasn't been deposited. Plus I always forget to write down my Way-2-Sav transfers. Barring all this I did however not screw up anything. Until I looked at the final result and compared it to what the bank thought I had. Apparently, the bank thinks I have $17.56 less than what I think I have. So last night I added, subtracted, and added and subtracted again. But to no avail, I could not find a $17.56 discrepancy. Damn the bank! Damn the checkbook! I went to bed feeling angry and frustrated at not being able to find a simple math error. Blah! So like any good economist I decided to go to the bank today and have them find the error and remedy it. BUT I forgot that we had a work Brixx dinner and so I was not about to pass up the free food opportunity to go to bank. I'll go tomorrow.


I have decided what I'm going to go with my life (sort of). I can't remember if I posted this in yesterday's post but I'm going to do it again. After I get my MA in Anthropology I'm going to move back to the Chapel Hill/Durham area (apparently there ARE some areas of Durham that are safe! Ha HA!). Whilst Howie is getting his whatever certification I'm going to work. After he gets his LPN certification then I will go back to school at UNC to get my MSW. Then, by the time I'm finished with that, Howie will be an RN and then we will both be working and then hopefully after a few years we will be able to buy a nice house somewhere (not Chapel Hill...too expensive PLUS too dangerous equals not a good place for me). So that is my life...up until maybe 28 or 29. Which is where some people are at right now. Scary that in just a few years I could be responsible for someone else or even *GASP* have a mini-Lara somewhere crawling about.





HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Fooled you, didn't I? Can anyone see me as a mother in the near-future? Yeah, didn't think so.

No comments: