Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Leaving

The countdown to my departure has begun. I have a little over two days left in Chapel Hill and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. I don't feel quite so lost and failure-like anymore now that I've got some interviews for jobs next week and I've been emailing with some people who are in my program and they all sound like a great group of kids. I'm trying not to think about the hard parts and trying to concentrate on the exciting and new parts but for some reason I'm looking forward to something after Grad School that I don't know will even happen. There are so many things that I've gotten lucky in: friends, boyfriend, place to live, etc. But I feel like there's always someone watching me, waiting for me to get to a wonderful point of happiness and then snatch everything away. Is it bad I'm going to grad school and I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with my life?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes.

Sarah said...

No.

PS--I miss hanging out with you guys already.