So, lately, I've been having to drink a half a glass of wine each night in order to stay asleep for a continuous six hours. Perhaps this is bad. I'm not entirely sure. On the other hand, I am experiencing different types of wines, including cheap wines from Wal-Mart. Another good piece of news is that there are only six more weeks until the semester is OVER. I'm having a good time researching my paper on Egyptian mortuary architecture and I'm beginning to think maybe I should have gone into mortuary archaeology or Egyptology. But I'm also interested in bones and dead people so I'm sure that doing Egyptology would cover all the bases. There's a bioarchaeology field school in Egypt during the summer that I'd like to do summer 2010. And if that is successful I might try to get affiliated with the American University in Cairo that way I can stay in Egypt! Hopefully I'll get some sort of GA, TA, or paid job so that I can continue living there and work at the museums and the tombs and the mummies. I'm kind of nervous/scared about staying in academia though, because it's tough and there's all sorts of articles I would have to write and comment on and I don't know how I feel about that or if I could do that.
I've also noticed, and perhaps this is just me, but the differences between Greenville and Goldsboro (even though they're about the same size) are astronomical. Goldsboro has rich people, military people, intelligent people. Greenville...even the smart people sound red-necky. Every time I go to a store I find it absolutely hilarious listening to some people's conversations.
I'm also deciding about something else...but I won't get into that.
3 comments:
I'm interested in this hazelnut chocolate you mention...
Knothead, didn't I get you that chocolate from A Southern Season (ASS)?
Yes, booka, you did get me that chocolate. And all of it is gone! Ho noes!
Post a Comment