Tuesday, December 9, 2008

This World is Not My World

I live in a world where I work my ass off, pay my own way, am responsible and work my *ass* off. What do you think I get for it? Nothing. I get absolutely nothing. And the worst part is I can't even talk to anyone about it. The people who would even understand a little are either too stuck on themselves, are in a better situation than I am, or don't care. My mother would only say "Oh sweetie, you ARE smart!" My dad would say "That school is dumb! You're a smart girl!" My friends are...anthropologists. And my other friends are too smart. I never felt like a failure until I went to grad school which, ironically, was supposed to give me enough certification so that I would never feel like a failure. Yay me.

1 comment:

bashtree said...

you aren't alone. and all that failure stuff - you're supposed to feel like that in grad school. anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar, or has never been in grad school. keep moving forward, don't make any big decisions right now, and trust yourself. things will get better.