Friday, February 4, 2011

The Hunger Games-The Trilogy

I just finished the last book in The Hunger Games trilogy. The three books, The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay, written by Suzanne Collins, are excellently written and are perfect reads for when you're sitting in the park on a sunny day or being lazy in bed on a rainy day. While the books are categorized as being "young adult" I've found that adults can read them and be satisfied, too. Collins writes simplistically and yet the ideas in the book are so complex and world-changing that it really makes you think: what are we doing to our earth and to ourselves? Are we going to learn from our mistakes? What's really scary is that the events in these books could actually happen; this could be a future for our world--and it is terrifying.

I highly recommend this trilogy; these books show a raw side of human emotion that many of us rarely face and a heroine who unwillingly decides the fate of her world.

No comments: