Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Highway to Hell

So I got a new AC/DC CD (some live versions of their songs) and I discovered that the whole 54 miles down East 264 driving back to Greenville from Charlotte I had the song Highway to Hell on repeat. I know I never complained about Chapel Hill when I came home to Charlotte but I know that every time I visit Charlotte I complain to my parents about how much Greenville sucks. My parents don't understand this, they say: "It didn't seem so bad when we were up there." But it does suck. The only people that don't think it sucks are the people who were born and raised here and they don't know any better. I am already counting down the days until I leave. My colleagues here agree. Colleagues, haha. That's funny. I am old enough to have a colleague. Good lord, apparently I'm old enough to have children as several of my friends who are my age (22) tell me they're gestating. Now, I have nothing against procreation but...well, I won't go into that rant, but you people who have heard it...you know.

Anyway, I have decided that Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Supernatural are my two favorite shows (Bones is obviously in there, which is why I do not mention it). But T:TSCC is pretty cool. The season finale was definitely awesome and I can't wait until September when it comes back on. Supernatural is just...really cool. I've always been interested in supernatural phenomenon, hence my obsession with X Files.

Oh, I finished ("finished") my thesis proposal. I'm 100% my adviser won't like it, but I like what i've put in there and I'm satisfied with the information presented. Also, I have been very organized. And I am proud of myself. So there.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Did they really say that? "Lara...I'm gestating." hahaha

also, next season of Supernatural is apparently going to be its last.

Lara Newell said...

sadly they did not phrase it that way